At this past year’s Green Festival, I had the pleasure to meet Costanoa’s Director of Sales, Teri Giordani. If you’re not already familiar with this incredible place, Costanoa Resort is an eco-adventure resort located at the foot of the Santa Cruz Mountains. It’s location is perfect for couples who love the outdoors because it is connected to 4 state parks, a wilderness preserve and over 30,000 acres of biking and hiking trails. According to Teri, couples and their guests have lots of activities to choose from, including kayaking, riding horses, star gazing, BBQs, music, nature hikes, mountain biking, or getting a relaxing massage in the resort’s spa.
Costanoa has 2 really great options for wedding ceremonies: the Lodge or the Bluff. The Lodge is great for larger weddings, as it consists of 2 tiers of landscaped lawns, one for the ceremony and the other for the reception. Both lawns offer great views of the canyon and mountains. The Bluff is great for more intimate affairs, and is accessed by a path that winds through a cypress tree grove. This gorgeous meadow offers incredible ocean views, and is just a short stroll away from the reception which is held on the resort’s Cascade Lawn.
Why do I like this place so much? Well:
- Costanoa is a certified Bay Area Green Business (just like we are!)
- They offer an incredible selection of fresh, local, organic and sustainable cuisine.
- The location is only 55 miles from San Francisco on the coast.
- The resort’s grounds are beautiful, peaceful and rustic.
- The staff are friendly and attentive.
- They offer a wide range of accommodations to choose from, including lodge rooms, private cabins, tent bungalows and old fashioned camping. Now, if you’re planning a wedding, you KNOW this is great since guests’ tastes and budgets often vary.
- The incredible spa.
- The option to choose from a list of cool activities, or to do nothing at all.
Costanoa Eco-Friendly Resort
2001 Rossi Road at Highway 1
Pescadero, CA 94060
♥ View my Photography Portfolio
♥ See What I’ve Photographed Lately
♥ Browse my helpful Articles for Clients
♥ Check out my Tips for Photographers