San Francisco Photography Walking Tours:
Students will spend the first half of the tour receiving hands-on instruction on your camera’s controls and modes. Once we’ve covered the basics, students will set off on foot to one of several beautiful outdoor locations in San Francisco to practice their new skills photographing people, architecture and landscapes. During the tour, students will receive tips, suggestions and feedback for improving their photos from the instructor. Students will also have the opportunity to submit up to 3 images from the day for critique by the instructor.
• Color, Texture and Pattern
• Shooting Modes
• Shutter Speed
• Depth of Field
• Using Available Light vs Flash
• Lenses & Perspective
• How to Approach People on the Street and Capture Spontaneous Moments
• 35 mm digital camera with manual capabilities
• Owner’s manual
• Ability to walk at least 2 miles comfortably
• Sturdy walking shoes
• Warm clothes, layers (It IS San Francisco, after all!)
Duration: approximately 3 hours (depending on route & number of students)
Routes: Choose from one of 3 routes:
1) Union Square, Chinatown & North Beach
2) Pier 39, Fisherman’s Wharf, Palace of Fine Arts & the Golden Gate Bridge
3) Haight Ashbury & the Painted Lady houses of Alamo Square
Fee: $299 per person. Please inquire about pricing for groups and families.
Class Size: Limit 8 students.